Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Life Long Learning

The Hollywood Librarian looks really good. I tried to buy the DVD but they aren't selling them for the time being until the spring. Once it is released again, I say OCLS shows it to the staff. Maybe at Staff Day?...

At first glance, LifeHacker is junky and unorganized. There's too much to look at in a short amount of time. You would definitely have to have an extreme amount of time on your hands to sift through all the posts to find something you'd actually thought was cool and wanted to do. At second glance, LifeHacker is STILL junky and unorganized. Even after making the website display only DIY posts, it's still a lot to look at. If I ever decided to go to this site outside of this Learn 2.1 module, I'd have to know exactly what I was looking for, and put it in a search.

The Personal Growth websites were all amazing in their own right. I was pleasantly surprised with Berklee Music Lessons and Instructables. My favorite site was HowStuffWorks. There are many topics to review and they are broken down in an easily accessible way without having to sift through a lot of information you weren't looking for. This is also a website I can use as another resource when helping out patrons.

No comments: